We assist businesses and start-ups with Albania trademark registration services. We can register your trademark in Albania on your behalf, including the business name, slogan or logo. Trademarks in Albania can be registered only through an authorized local trademark agent registered with the Albanian Patent and Trademark Office or internationally through a direct registration or extension request following the rules of the Madrid Agreement and Protocol. Our trademark registration service portfolio consists of:
- Trademark Registration
- Trademark Renewal
- Trademark Extension (Internationalization)
Albania is currently a signatory to the following relevant international conventions:
The Right of Priority on Albania Trademark Registration
An applicant may enjoy the right of priority on trademark registration in Albania if he/she has filed an application for trademark registration for the same goods or service with a state party to Paris Convention or a WTO member state within six months before filing such application for trademark registration in Albania.
Matters to be Considered before Filing an Application
- Is the trademark distinctive (Distinctiveness: The trademark clearly sets the applicant’s goods and services apart from those of other traders)
- Does the trademark show the distinctiveness of the applicant’s goods and services
- Is the trademark a well known term in that line of business
- Is the trademark the same or similar to other people’s trademarks
- Name and address of the applicant
- Copy of current Commercial Register Certificate of the applicant, if the applicant is a corporation
- Copy of Identification documents of the applicant, if the applicant is an individual person
- Clear image of the trademark, including 8 samples and detail specification
- List of goods or services according to Nice Classification
- Priority date, country and number if available
- Power of Attorney signed and sealed by the applicant
- Proof of payment of filing fees
Trademark Registration Flow
- Trademark Search
- Initial Application
- Formal Examination
- Substantive Examination
- Issuance of Certificate
- Trademark Publication
Preliminary Trademark Search
The Preliminary trademark search, while optional, to avoid legal complications in the future. The point of a trademark search is to ensure that the trademark is not already under application or registered by another entity in order to reduce the possibilities of the rejection or opposition raised.
Approximately about 8-11 months.
Period of Validity and Renewal upon Expiration
A Trademark registration lasts for 10 years and it is renewable infinitely in 10 year periods. The request for renewal must be filed within six months from the date of the registration period.